Wednesday 1 June 2011

Post Production: Final Film

Hey guys got another late video to show you all and this is on our post production project when me and a few mates of mine did our own modern version of William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". This is a trailer that we decided to make in the end, the background is all real and in the trailer stars me as Lysander, my mate Stephen as Demetrius and two girls we had play Helena and Hermia and finally my mate James our director as Thesesus who is portrayed a little differently in our version. I'm happy to explain what our version's all about again, our version here is set in a west end bar/club in London and my character Lysander is in love with Hermia one of the most beautiful girls in town but my mate Demetrius is also in love with her and is thinking of having her to himself. There's another girl named Helena who me and Steve as Demetrius both flirt with after we get a love drugged spiked into our drinks which makes us fall in love with whoever we see first. This makes us fight and then later the one who spiked our drinks who we don't see puts in a remedy and I fall back in love with Hermia, even though I get threatened by Theseus telling me not to marry Hermia or I'll get my throat sliced. I know what you're thinking it does sound really complicated, you have to of course read the play in order to understand it all. The background is all digital as you can tell and I not only play Lysander in this but I also wrote the script and designed a digital table which in the end got dropped. So hope you enjoy it as well, if you end up laughing, please don't hesitate.


"A Midsummer Night's Dream" Teaser Trailer from Gabriel Boyle on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment