Thursday 19 May 2011

World War One Project- Day 2 and Inspirations Pt 12: The Somme

Hey guys this is day 2 of the project and again I have another selection of images from the internet which will help me with the design of my World War One project which shall focus on what I thought was the one of the most horrifying things of the first world war and that was the Somme.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also I have some music here that I think of when I look at these images. And this is film music from Steven Spielberg's oscar winning film "Schindler's List" which was set at the beginning of the second world war in the concentration camps in Poland. So different but I can't help but think of these images when I hear this music so here is the beautiful and tragic theme to "Schindler's List" by the one and only John Williams with the violin solo played by Itzhark Perlman.



No comments:

Post a Comment